When a primary router fails, replace the failed router with the warm spare router.
- If you have Super Admin or Company Admin credentials on the Bigleaf Web Dashboard, follow the steps below to activate your warm spare router and move your Bigleaf IP assignments to the new router.
- If you don't have Super Admin or Company Admin credentials on the Bigleaf Web Dashboard, call Bigleaf Support at (888) 244-3133 for assistance.
To switch to a warm spare router
- Log in to the Bigleaf Web Dashboard (https://app.bigleaf.net) with a Super Admin or Company Admin account and click on the site whose backup router you're activating.
- Scroll down to find the Primary CPE Routers field.
There should be at least two routers listed here, only one can be labeled as 'Active', others as 'Standby'.
Activate the Standby router
- Click Edit to edit the configuration.
If the Edit button is not available, you don't have correct credentials. Call Bigleaf Support at (888) 244-3133 for assistance.
- Click the Activate slider to green on the Standby router.
- Click Save to confirm changes and move the Active State from Standby to Active.
- The Standby router is now the Active router. Move all cables from the failed router to the same ports on the now Active router and power it up.
Traffic will no longer pass on the previously Active router, which is now Active State - Standby, as there can be only one Active router.