Moving your office? Your Bigleaf router can usually move with you and your LAN IP addresses may even stay the same.
Your site’s LAN IP addresses are specific to your primary Tunnel Endpoint (TE), so if you’re moving in-state, your new site would probably be connected to the same TE as your former site, and the LAN IPs would stay the same. However, if you’re moving to a new state or region, both the TE and the site’s LAN IPs will most likely change.
When moving to a new office, you can:
- Take your current Bigleaf router with you. For an in-state move with the Bigleaf router, we can pre-configure one of the unused WAN ports with the new site’s circuit information so the router will come online immediately upon being powered up at the new site.
- Order a new Bigleaf router for the new site if you want both locations up concurrently while the move is progressing. Note that if both locations are up concurrently, you will be billed for both sites until we receive notification that the old site is retired.
Before moving your office
Email email@example.com with the following information. We’ll let you know whether the LAN IP addresses can stay the same with the move, and update your Bigleaf account with the new location information.
- Expected move date
- Old site name and ID number
- New site name
- New site address and contact person
- WAN circuit information at the new site
- Circuit provider
- Circuit Type (Fiber, Cable, LTE, T1, DSL Copper, Cellular, Satellite, etc)
- Circuit speeds, Down/Up
- Circuit IP Address Type (DHCP, Static)
- Circuit Static IP Addressing
- Usable IP
- Subnet Mask
- Gateway IP
- Circuit Option (Load Balance, Avoid, Backup Only)
If the Bigleaf router is offline
If the Bigleaf router is already offline, call our Support team at 888-244-3133 and we can walk your team through these steps for getting your router online in the new location.
- Provide Bigleaf Support with the new WAN circuit information details (above).
- Update the site configuration information in the Bigleaf Web Dashboard, typically with a Super Admin account, or by Bigleaf Support.
- Make the same updates in the local router configuration page by logging in to the router with a laptop and ethernet cable. This ensures the new router configuration settings remain when the router is powered on.
Want a new router or make a change to your Bigleaf service?
If you want a new router or want to make a change to your current Bigleaf service, contact Bigleaf Sales at 888-244-3133 for assistance.