This page provides details about the latest Bigleaf service releases. If you have any questions about a release, contact Customer Support.
November 9, 2022
When creating a site in the Bigleaf Web Dashboard, you're required to select the type of router availability option the site is using. The router availability options have changed and are now:
Standard — the site is using one Bigleaf router
Standard HA (High Availability) — the site is using two Bigleaf routers
Switched HA (High Availability) — the site is using two Bigleaf routers and two switches
Warm Spare — the site is using one active Bigleaf router and one standby (warm spare) router
June 27, 2022
A new option, Download Overview is available on the Overview page, replacing the existing Print option (Sites > Overview tab). When selected, site information displayed on the Overview page is downloaded as a PNG file faster and with a new easy-to-read layout. The default file name includes the site name, and the date and time it was created.
May 12, 2022
Two-factor authentication for the Bigleaf Web Dashboard – Bigleaf is committed to ensuring your online account security. We’ve added an extra level of protection to user accounts in the form of two-factor authentication, commonly referred to as 2FA. It ensures that users trying to gain access to an online account are who they say they are. For details, see Using two-factor authentication.
April 7, 2022
- Satellite connection options – You can now configure a Bigleaf WAN circuit to use either a low earth orbit (LEO) satellite connection or a geosynchronous equatorial orbit (GEO) satellite connection. This is set on the Site Configuration tab in the Circuits panel. The Type dropdown now includes Satellite (GEO) and Satellite (LEO).
- Web Dashboard performance enhancements - We've made performance enhancements when switching between sites on the Bigleaf Web Dashboard.
November 3, 2021
- Zero Touch Setup – Managed Service Providers are no longer required to use the Bigleaf provisioning kit (switch and router) to set up, install patches, or update the software on Bigleaf equipment for their client sites. Learn more about Zero Touch Setup.
- New Messaging for Customers – Several new messages were created to better assist Bigleaf users in account management, service notifications, and incident status.
- DDoS Mitigation – Bigleaf released an automated Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Mitigation service that works across multiple circuits to protect your internet connections from overt and passive attacks and interruptions. The new service helps businesses facing upcoming DDoS compliance requirements, those who have experienced DDoS attacks, and those constrained by limited resources to implement and manage their own DDoS mitigation services. Learn more about our DDoS Mitigation service.
- Updated reporting – Updated diagnostic reporting in the Web Dashboard to include usable uptime for each circuit on each site. Also added support for URL-driven date ranges on the Performance graphs.
- Tunneling Protocol Upgrade – Deployed a new version of the tunneling protocol for improved performance and scalability.
May 19, 2021
- Web Dashboard Improvements – Bigleaf Web Dashboard improvements when exporting information from the Dashboard and running troubleshooting tests.
- Improvements to the Troubleshoot tab to add clarity of the test menu options when running a Ping, MTR, or TCPdump test.
- Users can export the Overview page to a PDF file via the Print function. This can be done either from the standard browser options or using the Print icon displayed on the Overview page.
January 20, 2021
- Troubleshooting tab Update – The new Troubleshooting tab on the Web Dashboard allows users to run ping, MTR, and TCPdump commands. These tests and diagnostic functions are intended to help more advanced users during the troubleshooting process.
- Tests can be run at any time, and parameters are adjustable.
- The outputs of each test can be saved to your local device.
November 18, 2020
Updates to Risk Monitoring – Based on feedback and usage data, we have updated Risk Monitoring to change how some risks are calculated, named, and weighted to include the company sensitivity slider. A short summary of those changes are listed below:
- Added a new risk, "Circuit Outage".
- Risk naming changes:
- "Large Volume of High Priority Traffic" is now "Backup Capacity for High Priority Traffic"
- "Large Volume of Medium Priority Traffic" is now "Backup Capacity for Medium Priority Traffic"
- "Large Volume of Low Priority Traffic" is now "Backup Capacity for Low Priority Traffic"
- "One or More Circuits Down" is now "Circuit(s) Down, but 2 or More Remaining"
Read this blog for additional detail.
October 7, 2020
- Updates to Risk Monitoring – Added a new alerting platform to the Bigleaf service called Risks Monitoring. This new alerting functionality is intended to replace and augment incident-based alerting. It includes an updated Web Dashboard view that summarizes risks for a site, customizations to tweak the risk alerts you receive, and provides recommended actions to remediate an open risk. For details, read this blog.
August 5, 2020
- Account Setting Update – Added a setting on the Account Settings page called Early Feature Access. Selecting it allows users to provide feedback and be part of the feature development process at Bigleaf. Read this blog.
- Site and Account Events Update – Added a Download button to the Site Events and Account Events pages. The download will give you a historical .csv export of the site or account events for a specified time range.
July 22, 2020
- Web Dashboard Update – new circuit and device status display on the site overview page. The site overview now shows the overall status of the CPEs and Network Switches (if deployed), and also introduces the new normal circuit status. The normal status will display under certain conditions if you have fixed wireless, satellite, or cellular circuit(s).
- Alerting Improvements – User accounts now have the option to add multiple alert destinations. Visit our blog to read more about each of these improvements.
May 7, 2020
- Web Dashboard Update – The Web Dashboard overview page has been updated with additional performance report metrics. Similar to the monthly performance report email, the Dashboard now shows the values for Uptime Improvement, QoS Adaptations, Major Issues Fixed, and Minor Issues Fixed. Unlike the email, these can be queried in hour, 24 hour, monthly, and custom date ranges.
February 27, 2020
- Traffic Optimization Dashboard Update – The Site Overview page in the Web Dashboard has been updated with new WAN circuit status indicators and summary metrics of the traffic optimization performed by the Bigleaf service. The metrics show the sessions rerouted, high priority packets protected, total sessions, and bandwidth of traffic handled for hourly, 24 hour, and current month time periods. Visit our blog to read more about the new Web Dashboard updates.
August 5, 2019
- High Availability – We now support a new Standard High-Availability (HA) deployment mode that does not use any 3rd-party switches, but instead uses just the 2 Bigleaf edge routers. This deployment mode does not support LACP, but all other standard connectivity is supported. Use of 3rd-party switches is still supported as an add-on option.
July 1, 2019
- Performance Report Update – We've added links to Release Notes and a Customer Referral program to the monthly performance reports.
May 9, 2019
- QoS Prioritization – Updated throughput control of the combined multi-WAN download traffic to protect CPU processing and ensure packet QoS prioritization during certain situations.
April 15, 2019
- CPE AUX Port as 2nd LAN Port (Limited Release) – Now released.
January 11, 2019
- Application Class Visibility in Throughput Graphs (Limited Release) – Upgraded the WAN circuit traffic visibility to display throughput by QoS Traffic Class. Using the Web Dashboard, users can drill down into throughput usage to diagnose what types of applications are consuming WAN bandwidth at each moment in time.
- CPE AUX Port as 2nd LAN Port (Limited Release) – We enabled the use of AUX port on CPE Routers as a 2nd LAN port. Now users can directly plug 2 network devices into the Bigleaf CPE Router for use with the Bigleaf service. Note that this feature must be enabled in the Bigleaf Web Dashboard to function. Contact Bigleaf Support for help.
December 14, 2018
- We resolved in an issue where in rare cases some site-to-site VPN packets could be delivered out-of-order. Previously, work-arounds were implemented by Bigleaf Support, but the issue is now fully resolved and no workarounds are required.
- Added a preset performance graph zoom drop-down in the Web Dashboard for easier graph navigation.
December 12, 2018
- Changed the Web Dashboard graph and icon refresh period to 30-seconds for quicker updates.